The technical team at DC Networks Ltd. is growing!
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers.
As part of the role you will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include:
- Resolving network issues,
- Configuring operating systems and
- Using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
You will use email and chat applications to give customers quick and reliable answers to their IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be considered for this role, candidates would preferably hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus.
If you’re naturally a helper who enjoys assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details in a way that’s simple to understand, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, candidates must be a person that our customers can trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
The responsibilities include taking ownership of issues reported by customer and seeing these issues through to their resolution. This can involve researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve them. It also includes properly following standard procedures for escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams. See a more complete list of responsilibilites below:
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients Requirements
- Proven work experience (3 years) as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support
- Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments (any/all)
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
*Training will be provided as required.
Apply Now[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
*Please note: Word Documents and PDF file uploads only.